A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that supports the creation and modification of digital content, often used to support multiple users working in a collaborative environment. Most CMSs include web-based publishing, format management, history editing and version control, indexing, search, and retrieval.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Understand requirements for creating content
- Understand requirements for publishing content
- Understand requirements for managing and maintaining content
- Evaluate specific requirements and business goals achieved by implementing a CMS
- Prepare a comparison of available CMSs that meet stakeholder needs
- Develop project standards and requirements for a project implemented with a CMS