The Internet is composed of a set of technical regulations that are set by various governing bodies. Understanding the history and regulatory underpinnings of the Internet informs how the Internet evolves and can change in the future.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Understand relevant standard-setting bodies, and how standards decisions are made
- Understand and articulate the scope of existing regulations
- Understand and describe the limitations of standards bodies
- Understand and describe the historical precedents of the Internet and their importance to the creation of the Internet
- Identify the relevant standards applicable to the web design/development profession